GRANT AND SCHOLARSHIP WRITING WORKSHOPS FEBRUARY 2016
We are repeating our highly successful workshops for students intending to apply for grants and scholarships – ours, and any others of interest. Times and places are as follows:
13th February 10:30am to 12:30pm. Heritage Room, University College, College Crescent, Parkville.
20th February 10:30am to 12:30pm. Meeting Room, Boroondara Library, 340 Camberwell Road, Camberwell.
For more information contact Barbara Murray on 9560 8453.
APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS 2016
Graduate Women Victoria offers an annual program of scholarships and bursaries for women students enrolled in Universities in Victoria. Our organisation has been awarding scholarships to Victorian women since 1931; see here for lists of previous scholarship winners, and here for a report from a recent winner.
In 2016, scholarships and bursaries are offered in four categories. Students may apply in one category only. To apply for a scholarship please choose from the menu available at the top of this page.
- Indigenous Undergraduates
- Education – Masters Degree
- Masters Coursework and Masters Extended students
- Research – Masters Research and Doctoral Degrees
A list of scholarships and bursaries offered in 2016 and their value can be found GWV scholarship list 2016. See STEM Bursaries Information for information about two bursaries are offered for students enrolled in Masters of Education/Teaching courses or equivalent who are preparing to teach STEM (science, technology, engineering, maths).
Graduate Women Victoria reserves the right not to make any of the listed awards.
- Applications must be made online (available mid December)
- Closing date for applications is midnight on 31 March in the year of application.
- Information provided by applicants will be kept confidential to the Graduate Women Victoria Scholarship Subcommittee & the assessment panels.
- Applications and supporting documents are deleted at the end of the process.
- Graduate Women Victoria regrets that incomplete or late applications cannot be accepted.
- Decisions of the adjudicating panels are final and no correspondence or discussion regarding their decisions will be entered into.
You may be eligible to apply if you are:
- Enrolled student at a Victorian university or at a Victorian campus of the Australian Catholic University on 31 March in the year of application
- Normally resident in Victoria while studying
- Have overcome or are overcoming disadvantage in the pursuit of your studies.
Disadvantage may include:
- Financial difficulty or low income
- English as a second language
- Migrant or refugee status
- Disability or medical condition
- Family/caring responsibilities
- Geographical isolation/significant distance from campus
- Family crisis or difficult family environment
- Career/ Study disruption
- Other difficult circumstances
Women who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply in any one of the scholarship categories. Students from New Zealand are eligible only if they hold Australian citizenship or permanent residence. In 2016, no scholarship will be offered to International students.
Scholarships will only be awarded to students who are enrolled on Scholarship Presentation Day, normally held on a Saturday in early June. Winners are expected to attend the Scholarship Presentation Day and give a brief presentation.
Before applying, students are advised to read carefully all the information on this website, including the Frequently Asked Questions.
Funding our Scholarships
Thanks to generous donors, the value of our awards ranges from $2500 to $6000. Please check here for more information about the funding of our scholarships, and details about making a donation.