APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications for the 2018 scholarships will be opened in December
Graduate Women Victoria offers an annual program of scholarships and bursaries for women students enrolled in Universities in Victoria. Our organisation has been awarding scholarships to Victorian women since 1931; see here for lists of previous scholarship winners, and here for a report from a recent winner.
See GWV Scholarship List 2018 for a list of scholarships to be offered in 2018. Applications will open early in December.
Scholarships and bursaries are offered in four categories. Students may apply in one category only.
- Indigenous Undergraduates
- Education – Masters Degree
- Masters Coursework and Masters Extended students
- Research – Masters Research and Doctoral Degrees
You may be eligible to apply if you are:
- Enrolled student at a Victorian university or at a Victorian campus of the Australian Catholic University on 31 March in the year of application
- Have overcome or are overcoming disadvantage in the pursuit of your studies.
Disadvantage may include:
- Financial difficulty or low income
- English as a second language
- Migrant or refugee status
- Disability or medical condition
- Family/caring responsibilities
- Geographical isolation/significant distance from campus
- Family crisis or difficult family environment
- Career/ Study disruption
- Other difficult circumstances
Women who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply in any one of the scholarship categories. Students from New Zealand are eligible only if they hold Australian citizenship or permanent residence. International students are not eligible.
Closing date for applications: 31 March
Scholarships will only be awarded to students who are enrolled on Scholarship Presentation Day, normally held on a Saturday in early June. Winners are expected to attend the Scholarship Presentation Day and give a brief presentation.
Before applying, students are advised to read carefully all the information on this website, including the Frequently Asked Questions.
Need help with your application?
Dr Barbara Murray will be presenting two workshops in March 2018 to assist students with applications for scholarships and grants.
9.30 am, 10 March 2018: Heritage Room, University College, 40 College Crescent Parkville.
9.30 am, 17 March 2018: Hawthorn Library, 584 Glenferrie Road Hawthorn
For more information and to book a place email Barbara at email@example.com
Funding our Scholarships
Thanks to generous donors, the value of our awards ranges from $3000 to $7000. Please check here for more information about the funding of our scholarships, and details about making a donation.