The Marilyn Godley Scholarship, valued at $5000, is offered to an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander undergraduate. Applications open in December and close on 31 March in the following year. Late or incomplete applications are not accepted.
To be eligible for this award, this must meet the following criteria:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Female gender
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree on 31 March in the year of application
- Enrolled at a Victorian university or a Victorian campus of the Australian Catholic University on 31 March in the year of application
You must also demonstrate to the satisfaction of Graduate Women Victoria that you have been or are overcoming disadvantage in pursuing your studies.
Disadvantage may include:
- Financial difficulty or low income
- English as a second language
- Migrant or refugee status
- Disability or medical condition
- Family/caring responsibilities
- Geographical isolation/significant distance from campus
- Family crisis or difficult family environment
- Career/ Study disruption
- Other difficult circumstances
Applications are made online and close at midnight on 31 March. Winners are expected to attend the Scholarship Presentation Day and give a brief presentation. Scholarships will only be awarded to students who are enrolled on Scholarship Presentation Day, normally held on a Saturday in early June.
- The Scholarship Sub-committee of Graduate Women Victoria reserves the right to contact referees for further information.
- Applications will not be received after midnight on 31 March.
- All decisions on the results of the awards are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Before commencing your online application, you are advised to prepare documents to be uploaded and to contact your referees. Note that you may save your work and exit from the online application site and return to edit your application. However once you submit your application, you are unable to change it.
- Scanned copy (pdf) of proof of enrolment in year of application
- Scanned pdf copy of original of all university results including those for subjects completed in your present course. (An Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) is acceptable for completed courses.)
- Resume (cv) of no more than two pages of 11 point Arial font and line spacing 1.5
- Personal impact statement to explain the nature of your disadvantage and its effect on your study. You may paste in a Word document of no more than 300 words of 11 point Arial font and line spacing 1.5
- Supporting documentation for your disadvantage(s) – scanned copy (pdf) of originals, no more than 6 pages.
You will be asked to provide the names, positions and email addresses of two referees. Please provide each referee with the Information for Referees GWV
Referees will be emailed a request to upload a confidential reference. References must be received by 14 April 2019.
For this Scholarship, one reference must be from a member of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and one from an academic teacher. You may wish to contact the Aboriginal Liaison Office or equivalent at your university.
Before applying you should first read carefully all the information on this website, including the Frequently Asked Questions.
Applications are now open and will close on 31 March 2019. You may register to apply for this scholarship at https://gwvschols.gradwomenvic.org.au/