APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Graduate Women Victoria offers an annual program of scholarships and bursaries for women students enrolled in universities in Victoria. Our organisation has been awarding scholarships to Victorian women since 1931; see here for lists of previous scholarship winners, and here for a report from a winner.
See the list of 2019 winners: GWVWinners2019
Applications for 2020 scholarships are now open.
See list of 2020 Scholarships: GWV scholarship list 2020
Closing date: 31 March 2020
In 2020 scholarships and bursaries will be offered in six categories.
- Indigenous undergraduates
- Fourth Year Honours Arts
- Education – Masters degree
- Masters Coursework, Masters Extended and Masters Research students
- PhD and doctoral degree students
- Centennial Scholarship – open to applicants for Education Masters, Masters and PhD Scholarships
You may be eligible to apply if you are:
- Enrolled student at a Victorian university or at a Victorian campus of the Australian Catholic University on 31 March in the year of application
- Have overcome or are overcoming disadvantage in the pursuit of your studies.
Disadvantage may include:
- Financial difficulty or low income
- English as a second language
- Migrant or refugee status
- Disability or medical condition
- Family/caring responsibilities
- Geographical isolation/significant distance from campus
- Family crisis or difficult family environment
- Career/ study disruption
- Other difficult circumstances
Women who are Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply in any one of the scholarship categories. Students from New Zealand are eligible only if they hold Australian citizenship or permanent residence of Australia. International students are not eligible.
Closing date for applications: 31 March
Closing date for references: 15 April
Scholarships will be awarded only to students who are enrolled at their university on Scholarship Presentation Day, normally held on a Saturday in early June. Winners are expected to attend the Scholarship Presentation Day and give a brief presentation.
Before applying, students are advised to read carefully all the information on this website, including the Frequently Asked Questions.
To apply for a scholarship, choose one of the categories in the dropdown menu and follow the links.
Need help with your application?
Committee member Dr Barbara Murray will present two workshops in early March 2020 to assist students with applications for scholarships and grants. The information given at these workshops is applicable to scholarships other than those offered by Graduate Women Victoria.
Saturday 29 February, 10 am – 12 noon University College, College Crescent, Parkville
Saturday 7 March, 9am – 11 am Balwyn Library, 336 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn
To book a place, email email@example.com
Funding our Scholarships
Thanks to generous donors, the value of our awards ranges from $3500 to $9000. Please check here for more information about the funding of our scholarships, and details about making a donation.